With these updates, Saddlers Union reaffirms its commitment to safeguarding the personal data of our members, contacts, and anyone who visits our websites. Saddlers Union has three core privacy principles: accountability through awareness, empowering individuals, and protecting and safeguarding information.
Here are some highlights of the changes we’ve made:
- If you, or your use of Saddlers Union’s e-commerce, are subject to EU data protection law (including the GDPR), we’ve updated your obligations when using Saddlers Union’s e-commerce to reflect the new requirements under the GDPR.
- We’ve reaffirmed Saddlers Union’s commitment to the responsible collection, use, transfer, disclosure, and management of your personal information.
As our company grows and evolves, we’ll continue to focus on strengthening and improving our privacy practices and tools, for the benefit of our members, contacts, and website visitors.
Information We Collect
The Personal Information that we may collect broadly falls into the following categories:
1. Information you provide to us: In the course of engaging with our Services, you may provide Personal Information about you and your Contacts. Personal Information is often, but not exclusively, provided to us when you sign up for and use the Services, consult with our customer service team, send us an email or communicate with us in any other way.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect through the Services or other sources for a range of reasons, including:
- To bill and collect money owed to us by you.
- To send you system alert messages.
- To communicate with you about your orders and provide customer support.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To provide, support and improve the Services. For example, this may include sharing your or your Contacts’ information with third parties in order to provide and support our Services or to make certain features of the Services available to you.
- To provide suggestions to you.
- For our data analytics projects. Our data analytics projects use data from Saddlers Union’s e-commerce accounts, including Personal Information of Contacts, to provide and improve the Services. We use information like your sending habits and your Contacts’ details and purchase history, so we can make more informed predictions, decisions, and products for our Members. If you or your Contact prefers not to share this data, you can alter the security settings on your account to opt out of data analytics projects, or your Contact can opt out of data analytics projects at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
- Other purposes. To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify you.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We and our partners may use various technologies to collect and store information when you use our E-commerce, and this may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies. We use this information to measure the performance of our marketing campaigns. Reports are also available to us when we send email to you, so we may collect and review that information.
Privacy for Visitors
This section applies to Personal Information that we collect and process through our E-commerce and in the usual course of our business, such as in connection with our recruitment, events, sales and marketing activities. In this section “you” and “your” refers to Visitors.
Information We Collect
1. Information you provide to us on the Websites or otherwise: Certain parts of our E-commerce may ask you to provide Personal Information voluntarily. For example, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information (such as your name, contact details, company name, profile information) in order to sign up for a Saddlers Union account or submit inquiries to us. We may also collect Personal Information, such as your contact and address and feedback, when you attend our events, take part in surveys, or through other business or marketing interactions we may have with you. You may choose to provide additional information when you communicate with us or otherwise interact with us, and we will keep copies of any such communications for our records.
The Personal Information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your Personal Information. We will also let you know prior to collection whether the provision of the Personal Information we are collecting is compulsory or may be provided on a voluntary basis and the consequences, if any, of not providing the information.
2. Information we collect automatically through the Website: When you visit our Website, we may also collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered Personal Information under applicable data protection laws.